Thursday, March 19, 2009

Be Careful When eating apples

An Apple a day keeps doctor away. However, here is one type of wax which is used to keep the shine of the apple intact. Just washing it will not do, you will have to peel of the wax coating with the help of a sharp blade knife. I got this mail from one of my friends. Since there are lots of foodie bloggers I would like to circulate this. 

Please don't eat the skin of the apple because it's coated with wax.

 Check before you eat many of the fruits. Same applies to grapes also. Most of us do not wash the grapes properly and end up getting sore throat after consuming it. These are because of the chemical contents in the skin. Grapes can be soaked in warm water with salt for 15 minutes before you have it. 

 WAX is being used for preservation purposes and cold storage.   

You might be surprised especially apples from USA and other parts are more than one year old, though it would look fresh. Becox wax is coated, preventing bacteria to enter. So it does not get dry.

Please Eat Apples after removing the wax as demonstrated below. Please follow this and let others also know

1 comment:

  1. It is a fact that lot of people get sick by eating such wax coated apples.... Nobody cares to remove the wax before eating......

    Now we have to change the proverb to "An apple a day keeps a doctor everyday".......